Sunday 27 February 2011

Blue bauble

It's really rather rainy here today so my mood didn't quite fit for making a spring card (or to be able to put the washing out on the line!) so I meandered over to Die Cut Christmas Dreams and was immediately inspired by their challenge. It's a sketch, with a colour combo of blue and pink.

I've chalked the base card in soft blue and baby pink using a small bauble peel off as a resist. Then watercoloured and mounted a large version of the same bauble adding ribbon, gems and a greeting.

I must admit I find it hard to put mismatch ribbon or papers on a card as I like things symmetrical but I took a deep breath and went for it. I think it works quite well.

6 comments:

  1. really love this, clean and simple!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I love clean and simple, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty love the soft chalked background thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea with the stickers, great take on our sketch, thanks for joining us at the DCD Chrismtas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so soft and dreamy its beautiful
    Thank your for joining us this week at the Die cut Dreams Christmas challenge
    Hugs Susie Sugar and the Christmas Dream team xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that about asymmetrical stuff, it goes against the grain for me too!!! but your card is adorable, and I love the colour scheme. I've been having a quick look round your blog and all your cards are lovely Alexeya. Thanks for sharing with us. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete