Monday 26 January 2015

Writing (DLP Challenge #4)

This weekend's challenge for the Documented Life Project was definitely not my comfort zone. I rarely do personal writing in my journal, preferring images, single words or short quotes. But, the whole point of following the challenges is to stretch myself, and of course it's all down to personal interpretation.

Week 4 (24th Jan) challenge was:


January Theme - The Blank Page and How to Face It!
Art Challenge: Writing

Journal Prompt: Words with Friends

I knew straight away that I wanted my trio of flamingos stamp. It's wood mounted so a drew around the whole block at the beginning and then turned the page sideways, writing in blue, magenta and black in a scratchy style - heavily influenced by Rae Missigman.




I then heat embossed the flamingos in 'black sparkle' and then created the colourful background with twinkling H2Os. Using a bit more of the H2Os I added some stamping and then when fully dry, made a focal point of the writing by creating a frame using my favourite washi tape. Simple, but done!

6 comments:

  1. fabulous ! loving the flamingo's and well done for writing on it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great and fab colours too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done such a wonderful job with this page Nicola and well done for stepping out of the comfort Zone. I must admit this is one area I find the hardest too!
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good to me!
    Popped over from the link on Kathy K's page. xxx

    ReplyDelete