Sunday 25 January 2015

New beginnings (DLP Challenge #2)

Gosh, only January and already behind in keeping my blog up to date with DLP. But I AM keeping up with DLP thankfully. Really enjoying it and it's lead to doing more in my main journal, so all good!

Week 2 (10th Jan) challenge was:


January Theme - The Blank Page and How to Face It!
Art Challenge: Gesso
Journal Prompt: "The beginning is always today" - Mary Shelley

I pretty much always gesso my page as a primer but rarely use it for anything else. So this week I used it far more. I mixed it with my black and white acrylics for the background (which is really just smearing it on with my fingers) and then used it to create texture by 'scoring' it down the page with an old credit card.



Both stamps are new - picked up in The Range lately for just £1 each. Again, used gesso to add white highlights and tone down the blue on the flowers. I also used those perforated bits that get left behind in notebooks for some background texture. First time I've tried that and was pleased with the effect.

Should be a bit easier to see in this close-up.

1 comment:

  1. Can't beat a bargain! Great to see you have managed some crafting time, x

    ReplyDelete