Sunday, 10 April 2011

CASE Study Challenge

I thought I'd try something a little different this week. I saw a listing for the CASE Study Challenge blog on Feline Playful and the muse card was just so gorgeous I had to try it out. This is the first one I have done and much like inspiration photos you are to take the presented work literally as your starting point.

Now, whilst this isn't easy for challenges with photos, I felt this was more tricky as I didn't simply want to copy her card - obviously! This was Silke's (completely divine) card:





And my project:


(Clearly the photo isn't the same calibre!)

I have used My Minds Eye papers from an old calendar, ribbon, gems and button from my stash. The central panel is a Hero Arts floursih stamped in Versamark and chalked over in a mixture of bright and burnt oranges. The butterflies are chalked through a stencil I got last week.

I hope you like it. I really enjoyed this style of challenge - felt like I was mixing things up a bit - and the result feels a tad different from my other recent creations.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, what a lovely creation! Great use of the chalking technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on Silke's creation, the flourish is a real winner as is your colour combination!!
    Thank you for joining in the Silke fun at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fancy stamping and inking you've got going on here! Gorgeous! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete